In order to increase revenue, there is need to deliver products and services that are very valuable. Customer loyalty, word-of-mouth advertisement to friends, family members and attracting prospective customers, relies majorly on the benefits they will derive from your offerings.
There are many reasons for low customer response and poor product subscription, such as ineffective development processes, defective analysis, inadequate planning, and so on. But the main reason is lack of quality since it determine value. Therefore, an in-depth understanding of customer requirements is essential in today’s competitive landscape. This will enable you to look at the usefulness of the product from your customer’s perspective so that appropriate expectations are set especially during product innovation. Some considerations include:
- Product Purpose must be clearly definition. There must be a clear indication of how the product will impact the end user, such as problem or issue it will solve, or process it will improve, so as to deliver value to the customer. A detailed understanding of your target customer segment challenges is necessary. When customers find your solution useful, they will become your institution ambassadors, sharing their experiences with others.
- Have an explicit product development strategy. Develop a detailed product blue print that will make it to standout in the midst of market competition. Essentially, it should highlight effective development steps. The product plan must have a well-defined suitable and comprehensive development approach that will enable all expected features to be captured and developed appropriately. It should prescribe the need to document product information, customer target and market, competitors and business goals. This can be put together via research, planning, and should indicate the appropriate project management methodology to be utilized. The strategy should also contain quality assurance measures. These will ensure a comprehensive end-to-end development process.
- Have a company culture that values quality. Management would need to promote a culture that prioritise quality in every aspect of the company. This will enable respective team members to agree on what should be the quality criteria and the level of uniqueness that should go into a product. If managers buttress the need for qualitative innovation, it will be the guiding standard for everyone the firm.
- Design for CX and Ease of Use: Satisfying your customer’s predetermined expectations such as ease of use and so on, will make the product appealing. Factoring customer’s specification and requirement obtained from consultations will ensure that the product is well customised. It should be simple to use and customers should find its features very useful. Also, another approach might be to redesign or repackage an existing product(s) or service(s).
- Obtain customer feedbacks from product and market testing to further improve the product. Allow some of your target customer segment to use your product’s prototype so that you can obtain necessary feedbacks. Part of ensuring product quality is being able to test it with potential customers and get their comments on components that needs improvement which can differentiate your product from competitors. Before the product launch, there is need to adequately test it and make necessary adjustments. Market testing will enable you to witness prospective customers’ perception of your product.
- Plan for Product Support after launch. A product support plan is crucial especially after its launch. This will allow the development team to provide training, and support to customers as required. You can also note customer comments or complains and turn them into feedback that are to be incorporated in the next version of your product. Incorporating quality into your product will result in customer loyalty, which will enable you to obtain optimal ROI. When you provide high quality product, it means your customers will experience a durable, valuable, efficient and easy to use product that meets their needs. This result will result in profitability.
- Engage a team of dedicated professionals who ensure quality in every product development. Do you have an in-house team or prefer an outsourcing engagement. In any case, it is crucial to employ a team of competent professionals with years of experience and affinity for qualitative development having a portfolio of products. Engaging an already constituted team of skilled developers might be better than constituting an in house team when time and money is limited and there is no room for continuous rework.
At DIDHUB, our experienced team of dedicated and skilled professionals are always available and ready to meet your requirements. We believe qualitative developments that enables our clients to derive immense value from every engagement. Contact us today!